I was planning out a route for a 140km cycle and wanted to get some information like maximum incline etc of the RouteYou website. Unfortunately RouteYou’s plotting functionality is a little frustrating in manual mode so I thought I would plot it out in RunKeeper. However, I hit on the problem of exporting the route from RunKeeper.
This proves a little tricky, but I found a way:
- Plot your route using the Runkeeper route planning
- Create an activity that uses that route – annoyingly you can’t just select export as GPX as you would normally for an actual exercise route
- Goto My Settings and click on Export Data
- Select the date your fake activity is on and export the data
- Inside the zip file that gets generated you will get GPX plots for your required activity
- Remove the fake activity you created
I don’t really know why RunKeeper don’t support the import and export of routes to GPX – seems like a sensible feature to add – but then they haven’t added lots of features I have requested before.